Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 17



Happy late Thanksgiving!! 
This week was a really good week! We were able to go on exchanges and I went with Sister Saunders. she is awesome, I sure love her! We had a real fun time. I also was able to learn how to play 1 song on the piano this week! I'm super proud of myself haha. 
Thanksgiving was a wonderful day full of good food and good people. We had 2 dinner appointments- one was with the Watkins family and they live about an hour out so they came and drove us out to the country and we had a lovely meal with them and we discussed the blessings we have been able to see since being out on our missions. I  said that I feel a lot closer to my Heavenly Father- I know for a fact that he is there and that he loves me and knows me and what I need at certain times in my life. Something that I don't think I 100% knew before. 
After that we went over to the Smith's. It was really fun! There were 2 non-members, 2 less-actives, 2 new-converts and the Loggins (another family in the ward) It was so much fun! We were able to really talk to everyone there and just become friends which always helps to open the doorways. 
On Sunday we went tracting and met and taught a really awesome lady named Tot. She said that she used to go to church but didn't anymore. As we were teaching her the restoration i had a thought- why did she stop going to church? So I ashed her. And she said because she didn't like thta church was about the people and how the church was full of hypocrites. I was able to bare my testimony to here that even if the people are perfect that God's love as and his gospel was. That Christ's church was for everyone. And that I had been in her shoes. But I was able to learn that the Gospel isn't about the people. It's about the Savior and our Heavenly Father and our relationships with them... The spirit was really strong and it made me happy to have learned that the Church is true even if sometimes the people aren't. Everyone has weaknesses and makes mistakes- and sometimes we don't see that. It was pretty cool. Even though my description of what happened sounds totally weird. The spirit was so strong. We are excited to see her tomorrow. And she was really happy when we left. It was cool to see the change happen so quickly. God's love is so powerful! I'm so grateful that I have to opportunity to share his love with others and help them come closer to Christ. 

The Church is true! 
Also I got chased by a turkey tracting and then got to pet another one


-Sister DeCamp

No comments:

Post a Comment