Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 18

This week was full of trating and finding. Our zone set a goal to find for 11 hours this week with numerous activities besides tracting so we did those as well. Turns out El Dorado is leading the zone in finding and baptizing. So that's pretty nifty.  On Saturday we went out tracting in the POURING rain for about 4 hours. Man am I sure grateful for rain gear and kind ladies in the ward who see us and bring us hot cocoa. ðŸ˜Š so blessed. 

So a cool story about this week and our 11 hours of finding. 
Sister Gunther and I did not have the car this week so there is sadly not much we can do at night because there are no sidewalks so it's dangerous to be out tracting. We decided to go to Walmart and talk to people and do some AI-ing. Well we also wanted to print off 1 picture. So we go to the photo lab and grab a kiosk real quick and print the picture..... or didn't turns out the one we picked was a 1 hour print. We were a little frustrated but hey we were still going to be there so we walked around and talked to  a few people here and there. No one was really interested.. kind of normal.. well our picture was being close to done so we went and there was a HUGE line ( it was people waiting for layaway? Dont ask me why they were in the photo lab?) so we decided oh well and got in line and that we would talk to people. Well this lady got behind us and I was like I need to talk to her- she seemed to be having a rough day. As I turned around to approach her she got mad at the line and threw her pictures and walked away. I was like uhhh... So i gathered her pictures up and took them to the front. Just when we got to the front of the line the ladys son came up and was being a little stink to the workers saying his mom wanted the pictures and she wanted them now. The workers weren't impressed and said she needed to wait unitl they were done with us. Well we ended up having to move to the electronics checkout for some weird reason and the lady was just glaring and seemed so unhappy. I wasn't about to ruin her day! So I simply asked the workers if I could pay for hers as well as mine. It was like a whole dollar. haha not a big deal. Well I turned around to give the lady her pictures and she was in tears. I was stunned for a few seconds and then began to talk and figure out if I could help in some way. This sweet lady told me that nobody ever does anything nice for her. She said that she felt so unloved right now and much more... I was heart broken to say the least and ended up crying with her in the middle of walmart. But I was able to bare my testimony of God's love for her and of the love that I had for this lady who I didn't even know... Something so simple as buying this ladys pictures helped me help her and share something that she needed to know. 
I have such a testimony of God's timing. He knows everyone of us and he knows exactly what we need. God puts us in the most perfect places at the most perfect times. 

I love being a missionary! I hope y'all have a blessed week! 
Don't forget to # Light The World!!



No comments:

Post a Comment