Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 2

WOW WOW WOW!!

Can you believe that this is my last week in the MTC! Isn't it crazy! I'm so stoked to leave though and be in the field! We got out flight plans on Friday and lucky me, I get to leave at 3:30 in the morning! I don't think that I'm going to be sleeping very much on Sunday night! 

Something funny that happened on Thursday was that there were 3 police here! We all were wondering what was going on... turns out a pipe broke and that required 3 police cars to show up! HAHA! 

Feeling like rebels!

I also saw Jade while I was studying one morning! She snuck up behind me- which I mean isn't really hard to do because of where we sit and it's so quiet. So that was really cool though! It made me really happy to see someone I knew! I was also able to see Monica which was really fun!!

The Elders in my district and my favorite place on earth!


Yesterday was the most spiritual day I have had in the MTC! Elder Andersen came and spoke to us! It was so cool and it was a surprise! Nobody knew he was coming! He gave this really cool analogy about us being hunters and how sometimes we go out "hunting" and when we look we find people that only we can find. He showed a picture of his backyard with an elk hidden in the trees, not very many people were

I have the best district ever!

able to see the elk but I felt very proud of myself knowing where to look and finding! Thanks for that one boys! Anyway! I have truly never felt the spirit so strongly as when he was bearing his testimony! He said something along the lines that he was a witness of Christ and that he knows he lives, as well as that he is coming again! We sang the song I believe in Christ as the closing song and that is when I was able truly be overcome with the spirit. You know in the Alma chapters where people are so overcome with the spirit that they can't speak or they actually even lie dead. Well I now totally understand how that happens, not quite to that extent, but in the middle of the song the spirit was so strong that I just started crying and wasn't able to sing for a quick second. It was honestly amazing. Christ is alive and he is coming again. The Lord is hastening his work! That is so true! The past 2 weeks we have gotten over 800 missionaries! We are over 3000 strong in the PROVO MTC which does not include the other ones all over the World! How cool it that!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!

PS- Thanks for the letters and sweet treats! They make my week! 
Love you all!! Your're amazing 

Thank you Bailey! I love you!

-Sister DeCamp

No comments:

Post a Comment