Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Week 1



Soo turns out my PDay is on Wednesdays! Which is really nice because it's in the middle of the week! So we get Sunday to rejuvinate us and then we also get Wednesdays! What a blessing! 


So this week has been crazy and kind of a blur! But I'll try my best to explain all that happened! When we first got here we went inside and got our name tags and took our things to our room. From there we went straight into class which was kind of weird because nobody knows whats happening. In my class I met my companion who is probably the nicest girl on the planet! Her name is Sister Marchant. We are also paired with Sister Patera and Sister Zogg. Also both great girls! Sister Patera and I are really great friends because we both have a hard time going to sleep at night so we have had some really good chats until we both fall asleep. They are going to Carlsbad, California as well as 4 other Elders in our district. Then we have 4 more Elders who are going to Phoenix, Arizona. We all get along so great and its not awkward anymore! So thank goodness for that! 

On Thursday we were able to meet with our Branch President, President Briscoe. When we met him it was an instant feeling of love. WE ALL KNEW HE LOVED US. And his spirit was so strong! I was the only one that met with him that night. We were able to talk about why I was here and why I wanted to be here. It was a powerful meeting. You could have cut the spirit in that room with a knife! 

On Sunday he was released though and we were able to get a new Branch President, President Hayes. I haven't really got to meet him but his wife is adorable! And she makes us feel really loved and always gives the sisters hugs. Hugs are awesome here because you don't get very many.

Oh I was made a Sister Training Leader as well as the Senior Companion. I feel like they have a lot of faith in me. I mean we don't do much being the STL or SC in the MTC but its still cool and a great responsibility.

Today we were able to do a session in the temple and it was glorious! I missed it so much! I really hope that we are able to go at least once when we get to the field!

The food here is gross but theres not much anyone can do about that... just eat lots of salads! Haha mom thank you so much for the packages! They literally have come at the most perfect times! 



-Sister DeCamp






No comments:

Post a Comment