Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 61



Hey everyone!

I am now in Long Beach Mississippi! It's the coolest! I am loving it! I am less than 2 miles from the ocean..so lets hope another hurricane doesn't come! My new companion is Sister Doxey! She is a sweetheart and hitting her 11 month mark TODAY! So that's exciting! She is a stellar missionary and a super hard worker! That girl isn't giving me anytime to breathe! It's great! We have a really awesome investigator name Rochelle! She is planning on getting baptized on November 4th! We are so excited for her about that! When I first met her I thought she was already a member! She is bringing the gospel to everyone she meets! It's been a blast getting to know her this week! I'm super looking forward to being able to work with her more!

Something SUPER AWESOME that happened this week! They reorganized the Slidell Louisiana Stake and so ELDER CHRISTOFFERSON of the Quorum of the 12 was here! The spirit he brought into the conference was incredible! Every single person the spoke talked about the Book of Mormon and the strength that it gives us. It's so true! The Book of Mormon is powerful and it can help us in so many ways. I have been able to strengthen my testimony and grow closer to my Savior and Father in Heaven by reading it! 

So I have been studying a few of teh recent conference talks this past week and one really stood out to me. It's called Do we Trust Him? Hard is Good- And I love this talk! Do we trust the Lord? Because he trusts us! And hard times and trials are a blessing. Sometimes we don't see it that way, I know that I definitely don't all the time. But those hard times help us and can make us better if we let them. One thing about this that i loved was that it said that hard was the constant. and if you think about it it really is, things will always be hard for us or can be hard for us. But the variable is how we react to that hard! hard is part of the plan. We just chose how we react to hard! Something good to ponder on this week! How will you react to hard?

Well I hope that you all have a great week! And don't forget to do the simple things like pray and read your scriptures. The simple things are what help us overcome out weaknesses! 

Love you!

XoXo-
Sister DeCamp






No comments:

Post a Comment