Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 13

Hey y'all! 
This week was quite entertaining! On Monday our STLs came out for PDay and hung out with us! They are some really funny people! And then the missionaries went over to Bishops for a meeting about a new ward mission planand dinner, I LOVE me some southern cooking! Well at least all the cooking I've had thus far. So yummy! And the meeting was really good too!

On Tuesday- it was a strange strange day.. We helped our investigator Pam set up for Christmas! Yeah.. way before Thanksgiving and even before Christmas. But it was fun and quite a day to remember! Then we met with Bill and Kathy! They are awesome! We talked a lot about temples and Kathy said that she wanted to be a temple worker when she grew up! It was so cool!!

On Wednesday we found a new investigator and have actually met with her a few ties this week! She is great! Her name is Sharicia and just a super happy, busy mom! She is a really great person to teach and we see a lot of potential with her! 

On Thursday we had every single one of our appointments keep their appointments! That hardly ever happens so we were busy busy all day! It was so great! And such a blessing from God with how well everyone was progressing! We went to see a less-active member and her daughters( who are not members) and her daughter asked us if we would teach her! She was an answer to our prayers! 

Saturday was our ward Fall Fest! It was a good time and lucky me- I got to be the dessert taste tester to give out prizes. It was a good job to have. There were still some very interesting desserts but not as interesting as some of the chilis that they had... lucked out on my part I guess (;  

It was a good week and I can see the Lord's hand in all things! I definitely felt blessed this week!
I know this church is true and I know that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us so much! And I love them!  I was reading Russell M. Nelson's talk this week and there was a quote I really liked about missionary work- that we are out here not to baptize but to bring joy to others! I know that true joy comes from the gospel!

Have a blessed week!!

-Sister DeCamp



No comments:

Post a Comment